When will I know who my photographer is and where to meet them?
As soon as we have your dates and preferences we will match you with an available photographer. We aim to email you with our recommended photographer within 1-2 days of getting your full details!
You will be sent a photographer profile sheet that shows you samples of their portfolio and location options / suggestions for your shoot. You will be connected with them in the Travelshoot Portal, so you can message the photographer directly if you would like help choosing a location, or have a custom location in mind.
Where are the shoot locations?
For each city we have recommended itineraries - see these on the city page on our website under the location you're interested in. (find these on the link 'itinerary options' above the booking button). These are the locations we recommend for each package and you can choose from.
Can I request my own location for the shoot?
Absolutely! Our photographers in all locations are open to travelling to location requests, and if the location is central to a city (typically within 10kms of a city hub) there will be no extra travel fee. Lots of our customers do this - and when you're connected with the local photographer your information will be shared with them.
If your preferred location would involve extra travel (for example a regional property, or a island resort!) then just let us know the location, and the Travelshoot team can work with the photographers to get travel quotes for you and work out the best and most affordable way to get a photographer to you!
Can they come to my hotel or resort?
Absolutely! Our photographers do this all the time - and Travelshoot can work with you to ensure it's a hotel or resort we would have approval to shoot in. In some places we may need to ask for approval, or shoot close to the hotel instead, or cover a small fee to have access to the hotel. So just let us know which property you have in mind and we can definitely find out for you!
Can I capture a wedding proposal?
Absolutely, our photographers in all locations are open to helping people capture a wedding proposal! Travelshoot can work with you in partnership with the photographer to help formulate a plan on how you want the special moment to happen - we can organise for the photographer to be a complete surprise!
What’s the advantage of booking a Travelshoot?
There’s a few of them - but we think the top 5 are:
1. We’ve got a network of photographers - so not only is date availability easier, but we can also manage cancellations and find you a new photographer.
2. End to end service – we’re not about passing your details on and hoping for the best, we manage the whole process from start to finish. From finding you the best photographer to ensuring you get the quality you paid for, we manage the full process and only need photographers to focus on what they love – taking amazing photos and helping you feel relaxed and enjoy the shoot.
3. Quality – we’ve personally qualified all photographers on our network, so we know their photographic skills are legitimate, and knowledge of the areas is first class.
4. Delivery time – one of the conditions we have with all our photographers is that you will have access to your full Travelshoot digital photographic album within 7 days.
5. It’s affordable – there are no hidden costs, no pressure to buy any products, it’s simply just the package price for the shoot and you get to download the images directly from your online album.
How far out do I need to book a Travelshoot
We're open to all requests - but we have the best chance of securing a photographer with at least 4 weeks' notice. But we've done shoots with only 24hrs notice too - so tell us your date!
How many people can be in each shoot?
Of course the more people = the longer it takes to get great shots, so our Travelshoot photographers recommend:
1 hour Economy – suits couples, but can accommodate up to 10
2hour Business – perfect for couples and any size group up to 10 people
4hour First Class – perfect for any size group
** If you have more than the above group quota - please still get in touch - we have some options for larger group sizes! **
What if I need to reschedule or cancel?
With some notice this is not a problem. We must admit, we’re pretty open about our cancellation policy - the photographers on our network are very skilled at what they do and their time is their income, so when a job cancels we need to respect this.
Reschedule Requests: we’ll always do our best with any of these up to a week before the shoot (but unfortunately we can’t guarantee any change – it will depend on photographer’s availability)
Cancellations – full refund if we receive this more than 4 weeks from shoot date. There is no refund for any cancellations made within 30 days of the shoot date.
When and how do I get the photos?
You will receive an email from Travelshoot within 48 hours with some sample images (we call them sneak peeks!) and then within 7 days of your shoot you will receive a link to your digital album.
There are no hard copy photos (printed) all files are provided to you in high resolution format to download - so this means they are the best quality for your own printing.
What skill level are the photographers in the Travelshoot network?
Photographers that partner with Travelshoot are all professional business-level photographers, they are not hobby or student photographers. They typically have between 5 to 20 years’ experience as a professional photographer.
Are all photos high resolution? And what size?
Absolutely they are! We want you to be able to do whatever you like with them – so we ensure all images are provided in a high resolution format - 3300 by 2200px. You will also have access to a link to share your Travelshoot with your social media friends too. If you have any particular requests for image formats, please just let us know and we’ll work with the photographer to try to accommodate any request.
Do I own the images?
Absolutely – the rights are all yours for any personal use – social media, print outs, canvas art, Christmas cards – anything (just no commercial use)! Travelshoot is very cautious about the use of any Travelshoot images, that’s why we ensure all model release terms are signed before we and the photographers use any images for our own promotions. You can check out our full Terms and Conditions here
Can I purchase extra images?
Yes - we are happy to work with clients on extra images in addition to the agreed quota of images provided in their album. The price of an extra set of 10 images that are edited professionally and uploaded in high resolution per the rest of an album starts from $100.00 AUD.
Before Your Travelshoot
- Feel safe knowing we will stay in touch before your shoot – you will have full itinerary and photoshoot details including reminders leading up to your shoot day!
- You’re welcome to send your own sample images if you like (or Pinterest board!) and send them to the photographer pre-shoot. You can also let the photographer know in advance if there are some key shots, or key combinations of friends and family members, you want to capture.
- We'll help send you some handy tips from the photographer about being shoot ready!
- Find out the best time to book your shoot in the ‘More Info’ link on your destination.
- Feel free to check out some of our recent customer experiences on our Blog!