We have no idea what's going on, but it seems 50% of every Travelshoot enquiry is for New York!? I get it... it's iconic for being the the mecca for eating, shopping, and a city that offers an abundance of unique experiences. But aside from the standard tourist hotspots and must do's - I decided to go after some hot tips for a chic couple days in the big apple.
Our own founder Sarah invested in the ultimate few days in NYC last year so we got her lowdown on "if you had 48hours in town" what's your top 5 picks?
1. Secret phone booth bar - it's an epic hotdog shop in the East Village, but look out for the small phone booth inconspiculously placed at the side of the store. Don't worry about looking silly - but pop in, knock on the wall, and if you're lucky you'll be granted access to a swanky little 'hidden' cocktail bar! Please Don't Tell here
2. Sex and the City Tour - it's cheesy, but SO much fun! If you're a fan of the show, and have a couple hours to spare - enjoy a bus trip around town and reminisce over some of the shows most iconic TV moments, and then tour them in person! (warning - cupcake and adult stores visits included!) Hotspots Tour here
3. Breakfast in the boathouse - it's the most romantic spot in almost every NYC romantic movie, and my pick is do book breakfast in the Loeb Boathouse smack bang in the middle of Central Park. The food was incredible, the service impeccable, and perhaps nothing is as iconic. Bookings may be essential - The Loeb Boathouse here
4. Hotel Americano - it's the hippest hotel in New York, and definitely worth the splurge. Sleep comfortably on the ground, cocktail on the rooftop, and be inspired by one of the coolest accommodation options in the big smoke and take in views of the famous Highline. Perfectly located in Chelsea and don't miss one of the best Obama art pieces ever in the lobby - Hotel Americano here
5. Best coffee in Brooklyn - coffee can be a little hit and miss in the big apple, but the stand out spot for delicious coffee and an epic place to hang is the Brooklyn Roasting Company. A massive warehouse space hidden behind a modest facade, and 'if' you do need to get online or catch up on emails, it's an awesome space to caffeine and catch up. Brooklyn Roasting Company here
And of course we couldn't forget to mention a NYC Travelshoot experience! Our hand picked NYC team is full of incredibly talented photographers who have some secret local spots to capture the Manhattan skyline and shoots around Central Park and the Brooklyn Bridge never fail to impress. Need more inspiration? Check out some recent client highlights from the big apple...
New York Travelshoot experiences are the perfect souvenir and unique travel experience starting from $399.00. Hang with a local and capture your own incredible memories solo, in a couple, with the girlfriends or with the family.